Hi from Aliso Viejo, CA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yablonsky

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there. I'm not "new" to aquariums, but it has been several years....in fact over a decade since my last aquarium. My first tank was a Pyramid shaped 50g tank that I made from glass. I drew the plans and had the glass cut to exact measurements and then also had the side panels beveled at 60 degrees and then finally had the bottom drilled for the drain and the back drilled for the return. I used a standard canister filter at the time and an inline heater unit and had an aerator inline on the return. I also built the stand to fit exactly and then added some molding on the edges of the tank and then finally the tank hood, to match the tank pyramid shape. I also, at the time, built an 80g corner tank for a friend along with the stand.

Recently, I had a neighbor friend (Steve) give me a 30g cube with stand and sump and protein skimmer. I set it all up in my living room and decided to go with saltwater...again. I setup the tank and the sump and the protein skimmer (I have no idea how this thing works) and filled it with water. I added about 38lbs of live rock as well as live sand and water and it's been running for about 3 weeks now.

I'll add some photos of everything below...

Here is a link to the LIVE cam of the new Cube...It's not currently live, but there are stored videos that will also play.

YablonskyFishTank on USTREAM: .

Attachments

• IMG_2844.jpg
    IMG_2844.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_2861.jpg
    IMG_2861.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2867.jpg
    IMG_2867.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2869.jpg
    IMG_2869.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 43
Wow, that is so interesting! I have never seen a tank like that...if I ever want to do a unique tank, I'll have to hire you to help with the plans! :)

Any time. I've dreamed up several different designs and most anything can be done, just a matter of whether or not it's maintainable.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom