Hi from another newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Camilla

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello there,

My name's Camilla, and I'm an Aussie living in the Netherlands.

I'm quite new to keeping fish - we've had a pond in the back garden for two years, but didn't do much more with it than install a filter, fountain and pump (the previous owners left their goldfish behind but no equipment).

We're going to be moving soon, and the new buyers didn't want the fish, so we caught them all and transferred them to a friend's fishpond in Belgium. Or so we thought. Five of the little blighters escaped our notice! We've got an aquarium set up for them now, but I have no clue what I'm doing so have joined up to ask millions of questions and read what looks like a very useful collection of information here.

Um. So that's me! I hope I haven't been too utterly clueless in the stuff we've bought for the fish. I'll head to my profile now and fill in what I've got.

It'll be nice to meet you all!

Camilla
:)

Hello Aussie

I am also a newbie but I just wanted to take a few moments to say welcome and to let you know you came to the right place for help. The people here are very friendly and knowledgeable. You will get the information you need.
I have read your profile and from what was there it sounds like to me that you have a big enough tank. But I am not too sure of the size of the fish you have and that is important. When you say juvenile goldfish my mind thinks of goldfish that are 3 inches long. And if that is the case your tank (I believe) is big enough. Filtration is very important when dealing with goldfish (they are sort of a messier fish). I am not familiar with the filter type you are using and like I've said - I am a newbie myself - so I am going to stop here and let the people who have more knowledge than I start to answer this thread. Be cool - these people can help --- and once again welcome :D

Thanks for the welcome, everyone! Much appreciated :D

Warped, my fish are assorted sizes - the largest is about 2,5in long, and the other four are between 1 and maybe 2in long. They are now installed in their new aquarium and seem quite content!

Camilla

Back
Top Bottom