Hi from Calgary Alberta Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cgy_Betta_Guy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So on a whim I decided I would like to see what an aquarium hobby is like... went out some time early March and bought a betta for work with a coworker who also picked one up and thought it was kinda neat so after a week I got the same little betta tank for home which sits at my home office desk. Because it doesnt have a filtering system or heater etc I pondered for a couple weeks about getting a bigger tank to possibly move my new friend into. Out of the blue on sunday while reading through forum posts, I promptly picked up my butt and ripped out to the pet shop and picked up my full blown tank kit!

So here I sit, empty tank.... trying to make decisions with the limited knowledge I possess, but I am making sure I take my time... I have zero experience but have been reading much information on forums and figured I should sign up and get some input from those who have been in the hobby for longer than I. My intentions are to create a fresh water mature planted tank that is pretty much self sufficient. Hopefully I can get lots of input and opinions!! Thanks and hope to chat with some of you soon!

Welcome, to the forum and hobby. You might want to check out the Calgary Aquarium Society ( Calgary Aquarium Society ) . Clubs are always a good way to get into the hobby, and are a source of livestock and other supplies, usually at very good prices, through the auctions.

Back
Top Bottom