Hi from central CA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Iodizedfate

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey! Just registered. I've been interested in setting up my own sw tank for a while now and finally got my wife to agree to let me do it. I live on Vandenberg AFB.

For my first tank I'm going to set up a Fluval Spec 2 gal tank. I know it's easier to run a large tank when you first start but I am limited by space and the fact that I'm probably going to move in a few years. (that and my wife is nervous about me taking up a new hobby)

I've read a lot about setting up a sw tank already and I'm lucky that I have a lfs within 30 minutes of my house and an actual ocean within 15 minutes (thinking of trying to pull my water from there)

I'm open to advice and I look forward to learning a lot from the other forum members. Does anyone have any good first time advice?

:welcome: to AA! :)

I don't know if you've seen this yet or not but here's something to always read up on: The (almost) Complete Guide and FAQ to Fishless Cycling

Also don't pull any water from the ocean. The only place that pumps seawater into their aquariums is Monterey Bay. There are some nasty things in the ocean that can't really hurt fish in the ocean but can seriously damage things in the aquarium. Plus nowadays there's no where where water isn't polluted unless you go far out away from an urban area.

Back
Top Bottom