hi from chicagoland!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tinydancer5297

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My name is Katie. I'm fairly new to aquariums. Not new to having pets though, been raising animals my whole life. I started a five gallon Betta tank in may, currently home to a beautiful purple and red veiltail.

Next week I'm setting up my 45 gallon freshwater community corner tank. Not sure on the exact stock yet, but I know I want an angel and a few cory cats. Its going to have a sand bottom, fake plants and driftwood. Would love real plants, but I'm definitely not a green thumb.

Anyway, ive been lurking around this site for awhile and decided to finally join!

Katie

Hi! I'm from the western suburbs. You might be able to help me actually. I'm looking for a decent lfs, outside of the big chains, I haven't been able to find one. Any suggestions?

I honestly order most of my fish online but the only one I commonly frequent is Aquarium Adventure in Hoffman Estates, it's by far the largest in the area.

Aquarium Adventure :: HoffmanEstates, Illinois

Here is thread with some other local recommnedations.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f117/need-to-find-a-fish-store-204725.html

If your interested there is also a large cichlid club with swap meets, we also have load of other things such as tropical fish, supplies, and tanks. It's a great event.

September 2012 Swap Meet-GCCA Events

Back
Top Bottom