Hi from CT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redsoxfan910

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I'm getting back into the aquarium hobby. I'm 20, in college and I'll be moving back and forth a few times. I'm thinking about getting a 100G tank ($125 for everything needed (filter, lights etc)) and I'm wondering what fish I can put in that LOOK like sharks. I realize that tank is too small for sharks, but if there's a fish which looks very similar to what people typically think of sharks looking like that'd be great. I'll also read aroundas much as possible

If you're doing a freshwater tank, you can do rainbow or red-tailed sharks. =]

I wouldn't do a bala. =] I think 125 is a minimum for those guys.

Ya, i wasn't sure lol. Nice catch! :)

haha, thanks. =] I think, "What if I were a bala shark that grows 12 to 16 inches, what kind of tank would I want to be in?" I'm a claustrophobe though, so I would probably want a 300 gallon tank.

none of those really look like the typical "shark" look though. I realize for that I probably need something in the 500g neighborhood. I want a bamboo shark one day, dreams happen i suppose

what if i bought a cat shark as a baby and then upgraded to a 200g in a year or two? Could it be comfortable in a 100g for that long?

Back
Top Bottom