Hi from Devon UK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gary1965

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I need a little bit of help.I have run aqauriums for a few years now and have recently purchased a new one.
During setting up etc and the 10 days before adding fish everything was fine, however since putting fish into tank the water has become slightly cloudy, i have never experienced this before and need advice on the best way forward.
Thanks Gary

Is your gravel new even if you rinsed it. It is normal to have cloudy water and can be fixed easy with a product from your local fish store (LFS). The water may have settled and the fish have stirred it up a bit.
Are the fish healthy?

Welcome aboard; generally cloudiness is caused by fine particles from the substrate. If you don't want to add anything to deal with the issue, usually a little time will take care of it, as the fine particles will settle out or get filtered out. However, if you have a fish or invert that stirs the substrate, it may continue to be a problem.

Hi Gary :wave:
you should post your question in the Freshwater Brackish Getting Started section so we can really get into solving your problem. this section is just for introductions and some people dont visit this section much.
it is most likely that you have a bacteria bloom due to a new tank that hasnt cycled yet.

Welcome Aboard
character_17.gif

Back
Top Bottom