Hi from eastcoast, MA specifically

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sugamonkey

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone. I'm new to the message board but have been keeping freshwater aquariums on and off for the last 15 years. Right now I have a 30 gallon tank at work that I am in charge of and have just started a 5 gallon tank at home that will eventually house a betta that needs to be rescued from a 9 year old boy. I have a question to throw out there, the ph in the 5 gallon is a steady 7.6, higher than any tank I've had before. It is only in it's second week of cycling, ammonia 1.0 ppm nitrite 0 ppm nitrate 0 ppm. Will i see a drop after cycle is complete? Will the betta care? I know they prefer a lower ph but I really dont like messing around with chemical fixers and the filter is so small I don't think I can add any peat in there.
My tank at work is currently undergoing a total restocking. While I was on vacation for a week they decided to add some new fish that had ick, so everyone got ick and they didn't call and tell me so by the time I got back everyone was in bad shape. I treated the tank but everybody died. :facepalm: So now after clearing everything up over the past few weeks and getting all my levels back to normal I am now in the process of slowly restocking. Started with 7 neon tetras today.:fish2:Hopefully they have all learned there lesson and will remember the rule, "DO NOT TOUCH THE TANK!!!!!"

Hi! I grew up mostly on the Cape, and went to school in western Mass.

Hope your co-workers seriously got the message! Why did they wait until you were gone to add fish?

SM, sounds to me like you should take the big tank home and only let your work have the smaller one !

Thanks everyone! Ya I think my coworkers got the hint when I started to cry after finding my spotted Raphael catfish that I had for 12 years dead. My boss kinda lowered the boom on everyone ( she was away also) when she got back.

Back
Top Bottom