Hi from Florida!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diana67

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi! My name is Diana, I am from Texas but living in Florida. I'm excited to be a new member especially since I have no current issues with any of my fish/aquariums. My dear husband and I are avid fish keepers, and have been for over 6 years. When I say I love my fish, I love them as others love their dogs or cats. Some have names but I have too many to give them all names. I also love to cook, bake, and do crafts.
I look forward to being a part of this community and contributing wherever possible. Have a great day, folks!

Lol ready for this 2.5hrs.....
I like to north west in suwannee county.

No no and maybe lol

No jobs where I live very rural. Hard to make a living.

:)

For me, it would be all 3 to drive that far but I already live in Jax lol. I am still happy to meet ya or should I say "e-meet" lol.

Yes mam. Head over to post your full tank shot thread and show them how we do it in sunshine state.

Welcome, Texan! I'm not from Texas and I've only been to Naples, FL once for work...had a layover in Dallas FT Worth, though. I'm from Portland, OR, live in Seattle, and work in Portland a lot.
What fish do you currently keep and what's next?

I was brief in my profile but I currently have:

4 common plecos
3 BN plecos
2 cory cats
3 mbuna cichlids
1 blue gourami
1 male betta
2 angelfish
5 black skirt tetras
3 zebra danios
1 silver dollar
3 dalmatian mollies
10 goldfish/comets

Hope I'm not missing any.

Thanks for responding. I like it here already! I love having this forum available because I think it's important to constantly learn and grow.

What's next? A 90 gal tank and a huge outdoor pond for The Fab Four.

I can see us doing these exchanges often. I will post pics of my beauties once my tank is through cycling. Not that it's new but because I just did a cleaning and changed the filter on the 4ft tank. Thanks for suggesting though. Not sure people care about my smaller tanks lol.

People care about all the tanks. That is quite an array of fish[emoji222]. I gotta know how many/size of tanks you have.
I like the idea of a pond for the 4 common plecos soon. Florida's climate would make for seemingly awesome pond conditions. I'd check into Florida's laws and acts beforehand. The waterways are suitable to a lot of non native species in the hobby. So, I'm betting there's more to know before digging starts.

Are all those fish in the 55?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

People care about all the tanks. That is quite an array of fish[emoji222]. I gotta know how many/size of tanks you have.
I like the idea of a pond for the 4 common plecos soon. Florida's climate would make for seemingly awesome pond conditions. I'd check into Florida's laws and acts beforehand. The waterways are suitable to a lot of non native species in the hobby. So, I'm betting there's more to know before digging starts.

5 gal houses the betta.
20 gal houses 2 angels and 3 BN.
20 gal houses 2 mbuna cichlids and 2 corydora cats.
5 gal houses 1 albino mbuna cichlid.
55 gal houses the others.

The 90 gal will house new fish.
The pond, I believe it's actually 250 gal, will house The Fab Four, if permitted by the city/county/state. It will be contained and covered, as well as heated, heavily filtered, along with a water feature. Should be great. I will check on the law first. I know they can't be released into local waters but I'll look into keeping them out back. Thanks for the heads up. I've done so many searches on having a pleco pond regarding temps, styles, success, etc...but I hadn't considered the legality of it.

Yeah, I hope the pond is a go. It would be a lot of fun to aquascape and landscape around a pond.
Post pics!

You obviously want to give me a hard time and choose to read only some of what I've posted.

But to answer your question, NO. Thank you and enjoy your day.

I don't, this is an aquarium forumn and you need help. That tank is ridiculously overstocked. You have far to many fish in there. You can take offense or take action. Your choice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom