Hi from Luxembourg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Naem

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all, Another new Aquarium owner here just looking for advice and esentially how to keep our new fish alive!

Hi there, and welcome to the AA forum. :welcome: You are sure to find all the advice you can handle here on this forum. Why don't you tell us a little about your tanks and your fish, and what in particular you would like some advice about. I'm pretty sure you find the answers here.

Welcome! Your country is beautiful!

You may want to read up on "fish in cycling" if your tank isn't already cycled. Good luck!

Great welcome, thanks all.

We ve got a fluval edge tank, 23L or 6 gal. Soil then gravel base with 2 live plants, some small logs and 6 neon tetras(so far). Well now actually down to 4 now after only a week so obviously we're doing something wrong. Had the tank set up for a little over a month, has a filter and is set at 25C.

There are 2 main things i think we have wrong after reading on these forums a bit:
Firstly we dont have a water tester, our pet shop recommended us bringing in water to get it tested. Apparently our nitrate level was a bit high after the first test - so we waited 2 weeks (as recommended) then went ahead and got fish since we were overly excited and didnt feel like waiting another week for another water test to come through.
Secondly ive read about partial water changes on here but havent performed any - and am a bit confused regarding them. We were told to have our water mature for at least 3 weeks, wouldnt putting in fresh tap water be bad? A bit more explanation on this would be great.

Another thing we find a bit weird is the rather large amounts of moss, mainly on the log directly in the current from the filters waterfall. Is this a good or bad thing? And where did it come from?!

Also there seems to be alot of sediment or debris sitting on the plant leaves.

Probably put too much food in at the beginning as well.

Is there an easy fish for starters? Something that wont die and maybe clean the tank as well? saw people mentioning pleco's?

Anyway i look forward to your answers, you have no idea how hard it was to type all that on a phone!

I DO know how hard that is to type on the phone. However, to get to the point, I will give you a link to the articles that will answer your questions, because until you understand the nitrogen cycle, it will still be confusing:http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...started-check-out-these-resources-154837.html. Study these articles, when you have some time, and then ask questions again, as needed, and they will be answered. It is really interesting stuff, and you won't be bored.(y) And, your fish will love you.:fish2:

Read those links, very informative thanks! Got anything like that on how to do a partial water change?!

I think our little neons are going to die, but then ill get the cycle hoing and try again!

Back
Top Bottom