Hi from NC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishbie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all :flowers:
I m liz,22 and new to this hobby..i m really very excited with my current fish friends :) and plan to add more .. i m getting very much attached to them and i sincerely hope i wont mess anything up as i dont know much and that is y i m here.. Thanks in advance for all ur help :) :thanks:

Welcome aboard. We are glad you found us here at AA. :welcome:

Thank u! ur site is awesome (y) I usually only google to find all the info i need,but with my fish,i needed to know more coz i ve sorta got very attached to them in a very short time :) this is practically my first online forum..i find it really informative, people are very friendly and helpful here and i m starting to know much more than what google taught me now ;) Thanks again!
:fish1:

my tank details

Welcome to AA! can we have a description of what you have?

Hi and thank u :)
I got a lovely 10 gallon tank as my birthday gift (tetra brand) which comes with a hood,light and a power filter(aqua-tech 5-15) last month. After giving it a lot of thought,i decided i m up to the fish-keeping hobby :) So i did a lot of research and made a list and started getting things. I got a topfin gravel vaccum with siphon,a mercury thermometer and a slim heater-15W from petco coz it said it was for 5 to 15 gallons and it looked pretty cool rather than the submersible cylindrical ones. Much later,i read that it is not advisable since it does not have the option to adjust temp but well,i found the info after i started using it :oops:
I have some plastic plants and 3 decors (which my fishes seem to enjoy hiding in!)
I did my nitrogen cycle using Jungle care conditioner,bacteria tablets and ph stablizer tablets for a week and did my partial water change twice a week. Every time i did a pwc,i used a fresh set of tablets. I waited for another week before i went to petsmart to have my water tested. The guy there said it was perfect,so i went ahead and bought 3 glofish.
Later on the same week,i returned one of them(out of pity,he was bullied so much and was not eating coz of the other 2) and got 2 more glofish and a female platy (since i read glofish do well in a group with minimum of 4)
I m planning to but 1 more female platy(the one i have now seems lonely) and 1 female albino cory next week(though i m not sure if she ll do well on her own)
I continue to do my pwc twice a week (since i know adding 5 fish in the first week is a lot) though i dont know if it is necessary?? :confused:
Hoping everything goes well !
:fish1: :fish2:

Back
Top Bottom