Hi from North Western Wisconsin almost MN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeandSheila

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I had several planted fresh water tanks in the past. I sold or put away all my tanks several years ago 6 +. Then a couple of weeks a go my wife and I were talking and we both miss the tanks and that our kids 2 and 4 would love them. So I started to get the 29 gallon out of storage and I acquired a 55 gallon.

I do need help with one question with the 55 I started setting it up late November 2009 I used SAS Shultz Aqua Soil and Laterite with a sand cap. I did have a ammonia spike the 2nd week in December since then NO2 has been 0.10 to 0 and the ammonia has been at 0, PH stable at 7.4

:confused:The problem is the tank is cloudy during the day but clears up over night after I shut the lights off. Is this an algae problem or bacteria bloom. This started on the 25th I have done one water change on Saturday. The only thing added to the tank were 2 new filters a Eheim 2215 on the 24th and a Eheim 2217 on the 14th. I have left two HOT filters in service from the start on the tank.

Lighting: 260 watts PC only using 130 watts 8 hours.
Frets: Seachmen Floursih and Excel until it runs out than going to dry dosing ??:confused:
Plants: Java moss,Marsilea minuta. Need to get some more budget
Fish: None :( still waiting budget
Filters: Emperor 400, HOT Magnum (using the Micron Cartridge), Eheim 2215, Eheim 2217

Welcome to AA!

Did you rinse your sand well before adding it? Try doing a water change on the tank and see if this helps.

Welcome to AA. Make sure you post your questions in forums. More people will see it. This is the welcome wagon.

Back
Top Bottom