Hi from Oklahoma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ReyK

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello there, I'm Rey. I'm from rural Oklahoma near Stillwater, and I recently got back into freshwater fish keeping. I used to own a 35-gallon hexagonal tropical tank with a variety of fish and plants, but after five years, I had to move and was unable to take it with me so I had to give it all away. Now, I've got a 3-gallon cube tank with a betta and 4 ghost shrimps and a 15-gallon column tank with a black moor, 2 black mollies, and a zebra nerite snail. Both tanks are heated, lit, filtered, and planted with Anacharis and what I think is Java moss, but I'm uncertain.

That's about it for my tanks so I'll tell you a little bit about myself: I'm seventeen and I'm a senior in high school. I live on an 80-acre farm with my dad, step-mom, and step-grandma. We have 3 dogs, 3 cats, 13 horses, and 2 goats. Not much happens around here, so I immerse myself in fiction and fantasy novels, shows, and movies. The lack of excitement is one of the reasons I like fish so much. Their world is so exotic and different from mine that I can't help but to be fascinated with it.

Alright, well I think I've shared enough (maybe even a little too much in some people's opinion) so thank you for reading:D

Hi, welcome! I like those novels as well.

Nice to have a couple of tanks. I hate to rain on your parade somewhat. The black moor (goldfish I assume) will get too big for that size tank (if not now, very soon regretfully) and usually colder water fish like goldfish are not mixed with more tropical fish. Many people have plans to trade fish, etc but I wanted to mention in case. The link below allows testing of different fish stocking.

AqAdvisor - Intelligent Freshwater Tropical Fish Aquarium Stocking Calculator and Aquarium Tank/Filter Advisor

Your farm sounds great. I grew up on one in Central Australia - I think we had 20 dogs rather than many horses.

Hello there, I'm Rey. I'm from rural Oklahoma near Stillwater, and I recently got back into freshwater fish keeping. I used to own a 35-gallon hexagonal tropical tank with a variety of fish and plants, but after five years, I had to move and was unable to take it with me so I had to give it all away. Now, I've got a 3-gallon cube tank with a betta and 4 ghost shrimps and a 15-gallon column tank with a black moor, 2 black mollies, and a zebra nerite snail. Both tanks are heated, lit, filtered, and planted with Anacharis and what I think is Java moss, but I'm uncertain.

That's about it for my tanks so I'll tell you a little bit about myself: I'm seventeen and I'm a senior in high school. I live on an 80-acre farm with my dad, step-mom, and step-grandma. We have 3 dogs, 3 cats, 13 horses, and 2 goats. Not much happens around here, so I immerse myself in fiction and fantasy novels, shows, and movies. The lack of excitement is one of the reasons I like fish so much. Their world is so exotic and different from mine that I can't help but to be fascinated with it.

Alright, well I think I've shared enough (maybe even a little too much in some people's opinion) so thank you for reading:D

Aloha from Owasso

Back
Top Bottom