Hi from Orlando

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Plbolano

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've had aquariums since I was a kid but by no means an expert. I currently have 3 freshwater tanks. 2- 20 gal and 1- 10 gal. I've just purchased a 55 gal and have been gathering info on best practices. From my understanding if you can successfully maintain small tanks then large ones should be no problem but again I am no expert and welcome any advice you may have. I purchased a canister filter, my first one, and I'm not sure what the best combination of media is. It has 3 levels and came with white filter pads. I would also like to turn one of my 20 gal tanks into a saltwater aquarium but have absolutely no experience with saltwater so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome! i am from the orlando area as well! If you need any hints on local stores that are great just let me know. :) There is also a reef club in the area as well if you want to try that out.

Cool. Thank you. What exactly is a reef club? I've never heard of that.

We get together the second saturday of every month and talk fish. We have a raffle and refreshments, a good time all around. We had our meeting last night and the topic was salt mixes and we went over the parameters of different salt mixes. :)

Next month we are having a frag swap and at christmas we have a nice dinner, they even arrange camping trips and other fun stuff.

You dont have to pay anything to come but if you do join for the $20 a year you get 10% off at more than 2 dozen local stores, it has paid for itself with me without a doubt.

Back
Top Bottom