Hi from PA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xTylerLairx

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am Tyler, and I have been involved in aquariums for about 9 months. I have a 1.5 gallon tank with my prized betta 'Arbok' and a 125 that I currently have in 4 angel's a pecalitta, a regular pleco, 3 platty's, 2 raphel cats, 2 powder blue gouramis and a dwarf gourami. I am going to be buying 5 clown loaches, 3 pictis cats a few golden gouramis and 3 hujeta gars <3. I have been practicing D.I.Y. with my tank and being very cost effective and have learned tons due to necessity.
I am 22 years old, and a student at Edinboro University, where I major in Sculpture. I am in a touring band, and a friend had recently got my interest in aquariums and it has become a problem.

I just took a some pictures of my deviant little jerks and I will be posting them soon!

howdy neighbor! Welcome aboard.

Any decent LFS in your area that would be wroth an hour's drive?

Welcome to the site! I'm from Pittsburgh, a couple hours from you. Some of my buddies went to Edinboro, no complaints other than the winter months are a bit rough to say the least. We'd love to see the pictures of your tanks! Hope to see you around.

JP Yes, I go to Aquatic Jungle. It's a Mom and Pop shop and they will order you anything you want. Fantastic People.

Meegosh, Sadly I only have one tank now. My Betta "Arbok" passed yesterday. Very sad moment.

Discuss, I am glad you are 22 as well. nice to meet you

what type of angels do you have? I'm gonna have angels in my 30g "bedroom tank". Actually got me thinking last night about getting a few small LEDs for the tank (after it cycles) so it can be sort of like a night light :).

One place semi-near me, John's Aquarium, has some nice small marble angels (about nickle sized) for $1.49 which is the cheapest I have seen them locally. I'd have to map quest it but thinking some places near Erie might be about the same drive time away. As I am roughly an hour between Cleveland and Erie.

Well, I have one Calico, one Blushie and two black Marbles. There is an Angel breeder IN Erie, if my sources are correct, and Aquatic Jungle can get you what you want. The only place I have seen the live caught ones is Petco...which I won't go to. My Marbles are from two different batches of babies, but the one has grown astronomically and dwarfs the rest of them. He is my favorite, and has a halarious attitude

Well, I have one Calico, one Blushie and two black Marbles. There is an Angel breeder IN Erie, if my sources are correct, and Aquatic Jungle can get you what you want. The only place I have seen the live caught ones is Petco...which I won't go to. My Marbles are from two different batches of babies, but the one has grown astronomically and dwarfs the rest of them. He is my favorite, and has a halarious attitude

I'm looking to get maybe 6 in a 30g (by the time they are big enough to split up my 55g should be ready). If they form mating pairs I want to try to get them from different breeders so they come from a different gene stock.

When I got my two Marbles they were small and I thought they would be dead inside a month. I was looking at them a few days ago and realised I have had them for about two months or so and they have gotten pretty big pretty quick. About half dollar size now when I got them they were between a nickle and quarter sized.

I come home from work and sit on my computer chair to take my shoes off my cat comes running and the angels swim over to the side of the tank by my desk.... I should post of split screen image of my cat and the Marbles I have, they have similar coloration :)

Back
Top Bottom