Hi from Philadelphia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spideybry

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all, I'm Bryant from Philadelphia. Been reefing for a few years now and I was looking to join a new forum. A friend recommended this site so I figured I would check it out. I was reading around and recognized a few people so hopefully it looks like a good place :)

Here is my current setup. I will be making a thread soon.

img_1542527_0_cab400fbaa8ad75baae2948015cb2bf9.jpg

Where did you buy your lr, sand and corals? Some place in philly? Looks great!!!

User said:
Where did you buy your lr, sand and corals? Some place in philly? Looks great!!!

Hi, I got my rock from BulkReefSupply.com. It is a mix of dry "reef saver" rock and dry Pukani. I wanted to start over with seeded dry rock, to avoid algal/hitch hiker issues. So far so good. As far as corals go, I got from a bunch of different places/people, mostly from people I know in PA.

Thanks :) I have a build thread but it is on another forum. Hopefully I will bring it over later today.

Ok I am definately interested! Ive been looking around for live rock locally (king of prussia area) trying not to ship it. Same with the corals lol. Is there any good stores in the city?

I also want to know wheat kind of lighting that is..ha but Ill see it in your build thread I guess..

I will fill you in if you like. I am not too crazy about the store selection in my area. We do have big stores, but I tend to get my livestock from people I know and trust personally.

As far as the lighting, they are Aquailluminations Sol Blues LEDs :)

As soon as my thread is approved I will post a link ;)

Ha see I dont know/trust anyone with those kind of items. How bad are the stores?

Ok I cant wait to see it! Those are nice lights!

lol, The stores aren't bad.... I just am not a fan of the prices they have on livestock. Dry goods are decent most of the time. Also not a fan that some don't have knowledgeable employees/employees that care enough about the hobby and sometimes misguide people... Then again I guess that is everywhere -_-

Thanks on the lights :) I love em

Thats why I try to do the research before buying lol I just need somewhere to buy it. So I already know what I want before i walk in :)

Good way to do things. Btw is your username user? lol It is taking FOREVER to approve my tank thread -_-

Yep lol its from TRON. Is there something wrong with your thread?

lol ohhh, yea that makes sense XD

Yea it is just waiting to be approved by a moderator cause im new -_-

Ah its a precautionary whatnot. I hope it is here soon!

Yea I know -_- I get it lol, on my forum we get spam bots like crazy cause we dont have that approval thing so it makes sense.

Ah that would be very annoying lol How big is this thread they are reviewing?

It is just the first post, has 8 pics... -_- I have like 28 pics to link up tho, but haven't been able to get em up cause of the waiting...

Darn I wouldve just made a new thread here

Iwill lol How did you get your avatar to work? I keep trying and cant seem to get it

Back
Top Bottom