Hi from Puerto Rico

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

felku

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi Everyone

I have been reading this forum a lot and I glad to have found this forum. I bought a tetra aquarium kit of 10g. I made the mistake of bought without getting information and I didn't know nothing about cycle etc. Thanks to the information of this site I got a test kit and I have been changing 25%-50% of water like 1 day yes ,1 day no. I have been struggling to get ammonia down but I have been patience about all this cycle thing.

PS. Forgive my bad english. is not my first language

Welcome. Stay patient and keep the water changes going. Keep that up and before ya know it, it will be ready to go.

Dont worry about your english, mines not much better. Lol ?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Welcome. Stay patient and keep the water changes going. Keep that up and before ya know it, it will be ready to go.

Dont worry about your english, mines not much better. Lol ?

Thanks for the advice. The funny thing is that this was a gift for my daughter and now I'm getting hook up with aquariums.

It definately will get ya hooked... My mom got me hooked.

Yeah I know, I will use this experience to later built a bigger tank.

Welcome to Aquarium Advice!

So happy that you found out about how to cycle the tank. Do you have fish now? What kinds are there?

Prime is a water treatment to help keep your fish safe. Do you know if you have that available around where you live?

Welcome to Aquarium Advice!

So happy that you found out about how to cycle the tank. Do you have fish now? What kinds are there?

Prime is a water treatment to help keep your fish safe. Do you know if you have that available around where you live?

I have 4 fish because I didn't know about fishless cycle. But since I read about cycle, I have been doing a lot of water change to keep the ammonia below .25. I have 3 platy and 1 shark bala.

There is a petsmart in a near town so I will have to check about Prime.

Prime is the best... Sounds good with the platys. Just know that bala shark will outgrow that tank pretty quickly. But thats an excuse for a new bigger tank. Lol.

Prime is the best... Sounds good with the platys. Just know that bala shark will outgrow that tank pretty quickly. But thats an excuse for a new bigger tank. Lol.

I learned about the bala shark yesterday. This aquarium was a gift for my daughter but I will use it as experience to built a bigger one for me.

Back
Top Bottom