Hi from Silicon Valley, CA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

starbelle

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My name is Michele and I live here in Silicon Valley. I joined Aquarium Advice last night because I did a Google search with an aquarium question and the answer came from here. Bless you all! I have spent the last 2 weeks on the phone or at Petco talking with a dear fish lady about my angelfish, Star, who was droopy and staring at the ceiling. After cleaning his home and getting rid of the undergravel filter and bubbler, adding new rocks and a hot water cleansing of the glass, he quit eating totally. I found a milky film every morning on top of the water and that stopped him. The fish lady had given up hope for him but gave me a bottle of Nutrafin cycle which restores bacteria and also told me not to drink the tap water. Then I did the search and voila! Thank you AA for having the answers and support I needed in this emergency. (Cleaned aquarium grew a bacterial bloom. Didn't know I could get too clean!). Today there was no bloom and Star is eating!

I have had aquariums, 3 were the most, for many years. My 19 gal. aquarium I maintain now has been a community home and finally just to angelfish. My first long term angel, Silver, was with me for almost 10 years. Star is only a year old but has a wonderful personality. I'll be taking more pics! Thanks for the advice!

Welcome to AA! I'm glad Star seems to be better.

Back
Top Bottom