Hi from Tampa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SalinFL

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi Everyone, dropping in for a quick intro. I found this site thru a Google search on rimless tanks and lighting.

Currently I do not have a tank set up, but I am in the process of gathering info and quotes for a custom configuration. This is proving to be a project that requires huge amounts of patience… and I haven't even started yet. The tank I'd like to set up will eventually hold clams as well as hard & soft corals.

Any advise or direction, feel free. If there's anyone on the site that lives local, Brandon, FL, msg me and tell me your experiences with the local places or where to go for a custom setup.

Looking forward to the info exchange, always so much to learn.

/Sally

Welcome!

I also live in Tampa, but not in the Brandon area.

Two local places that are worth checking out are Fish & Other Ichthy Stuff (FAOIS) and the Corral Coral. Both are in Oldsmar (and within a mile from each other) and specialize exclusively in reefing and saltwater aquatics.

Marine Warehouse is also a couple of miles away (50% saltwater/50%freshwater aquatics), and Creative Aquariums of Tampa is in south Tampa near Dale Mabry & Kennedy (75% saltwater 25% freshwater last time I was there).

I have not experience with these guys but Custom Aquarium Maintenance, Installation Tampa- Creative Aquatics seem to specialize in custom builds.

You may also want to check out the Tampa Bay Reef Club:
Tampa Bay Reef Club

Thanks for the welcome guys!

And thanks Key-bee for the info.
I have not been to the two places in Oldsmar, but have been to Marine Warehouse and the local shop on Dale Mabry. I'll have to check those other two out.

I find it interesting as this process unfolds that the minute you say "custom" people add on about 5K to the bottom line. I'm also amused at the "back door" talk that I receive when I'm honest and tell them who else I've been talking to about my tank. Then I get the "you don't want a tank from THAT glass place", or "I'd be careful about THAT company". Perhaps valid, I'm not really sure.

But I do know, I'm about ready to scrap the custom idea and just get one off the shelf.

Welcome!

I also live in Tampa, but not in the Brandon area.

Two local places that are worth checking out are Fish & Other Ichthy Stuff (FAOIS) and the Corral Coral. Both are in Oldsmar (and within a mile from each other) and specialize exclusively in reefing and saltwater aquatics.

Marine Warehouse is also a couple of miles away (50% saltwater/50%freshwater aquatics), and Creative Aquariums of Tampa is in south Tampa near Dale Mabry & Kennedy (75% saltwater 25% freshwater last time I was there).

I have not experience with these guys but Custom Aquarium Maintenance, Installation Tampa- Creative Aquatics seem to specialize in custom builds.

You may also want to check out the Tampa Bay Reef Club:
Tampa Bay Reef Club

Back
Top Bottom