Hi from the Windy City!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big MaC

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi!!:wave:
I am sort-of new to the aquarist hobby...:)

Back in August 13th 2006, I was at a not-so-local fair. Where there was a game where you could wi a land hermit crab. I "won" and brought home a very sick purple pincher and a small 1/2 gallon Kritter Keeper.:censor:

4 Years later I have a colony of nearly 30 land hermit crabs. Residing in my 95gallon wide tank. Inside my 95gw are 2 5.5gallon tanks used as pools. Wich are filtered and have a bubbler..:D

But... It doesn't seem as natural as having a small reef. So I am planning on putting a very small (i believe) it is called nano? reef in each of the 5.5g's.:fadein:

The Freshwater Pool... Reef
The Freshwater Reef stocking question is extremly hard. I plan on using Malaysian Trumpet Snails as a way to keep algae down in the event that it grows. (I have Uva/Uvb lights for the crabs) and would love to have some sort of plant/wildlife that would be easy enough for a newb to do faily well with it.

Then There is the Salt Water Pool.
I have been using PetCos real ocean water for forever and it has the perfect salinity for the Land Hermit Crabs and it is also nitrate free phosphate free and has a pH balanced at 8.3.
Once again I am at a loss on how to stock this tank.. I was thinking I would throw in some more malaysian trumpet snails as I was told they can adapt fairly well the salt water.. and from there I have no idea how to stock my tank.

My Questions :rolleyes:
  1. What kind of plants could I have in both my fresh and salt water tanks that would be both benificial and beautiful?
  2. What kind of animals would be able to thrive in such small tanks?
  3. Would Malaysian Trumpet Snails be a bad choice of snail?
When Telling me about Animals/ Plants please use this format (sorry im a little OCD about how I read/write/ otherweise take in information... and it just makes it easier for me)

Name of Plant/Animal.
Fresh or Salt Water.
Benifits? Con's?
Minimum Tank Size?
Friendly or Agressive?
Dietary Needs?
Other needs not previously specified?
Any Info You Would like to share?

Welcome aboard. You might want to post your FW and SW questions in their respective forums. You`ll get more answers there. This is the welcome wagon here. BTW bigger fonts will help us old folks to see.

welcometoaa.gif

Back
Top Bottom