Hi from TX

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DCarver

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have taken up keeping guppies again. Last time I never seemed to have problems. This time I am getting very good at killing the guppies. I started with a 5 gal tank 4 weeks ago and after ending up with 20+ fry went out and got a 20 gal which has been going for about 3 weeks. I use RO water, same as last time, but the pH was off the chart. Last week I decided to test the RO water before putting it in the tank and found it was a 6.0 pH. Told the store owner and got some water from a different store which is 7.0 as it should be. So after some major water changes pH in both tanks is running 7.6. However, the cycle doesn't seem to be starting. Ammoia is still running 1.0 with 0 nitrites. So far I have tried Cycle and getting some filter medium from the fish store to seed the tank but there doesn't appear to be any signs the cycle is getting started. The fry in the 5 gal are growing and appear to be fine. The adults I put in the large tank keep dying. The current 2 males and 2 females hide in the corner and aren't eating. They have been in the tank for 2 days.

Ideas or suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom