Hi! Green cloudy water has brought me to you

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A.J.

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi there.

I found your site as a result of trying to cure my greenish/hazy water nightmare. I have a 55 gal cichlid tank.

I have a yellow lab, firebird peacock, electric blue, frontosa (my fave), cobalt blue, venustus, auratus, and an albino/ white cichlid that my oldest daughter has named "Princess". I also have a pictus cat that is just cool.

All in all, I'm a bit of a :n00b:.

Here's my water problem described in detail if you wish to offer advice: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f15/green-cloudy-hazy-water-101769.html

Thanks in advance,

A.J.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the site! Sorry, I have no FW experience, just wanted to say hi.

Welcome aboard. Do me a favor and post your question in the FW or brackish area. More people will see it. Not everyone comes to this area and will not see it. Again Welcome to AA

Welcome to AA! Glad to have you here and I am sure the members here will be able to assist you in your green water problem.

Yo, I just read about the problem you are having with the tank - I laughed my rear off -- You've got a wicked sense of humor -- I am a newbie here also so I won't be much of a help -- I know that the green water is a bugger to get rid of -- my buddy had it in his tank -- we went through all types of algaecide -- the only one that worked was "AlgaeFix" -- but even that was a battle -- I get the feeling that the pros on this site don't like to use too many chemicals, so check with them for other alternatives before using the AlgaeFix

Welcome! First of all. What are your parameters in your tank.

Ph,Temp,Lighting,Filtration

How often do you do partial water changes?

If its green, its most likely an algae bloom which is common. So no need to freak too much. Just answer those key questions and the rest of us here at Aquarium Advice will have no problem helping solve this issue!!

Again,WELCOME!!

Yo, I just read about the problem you are having with the tank - I laughed my rear off -- You've got a wicked sense of humor -- I am a newbie here also so I won't be much of a help -- I know that the green water is a bugger to get rid of -- my buddy had it in his tank -- we went through all types of algaecide -- the only one that worked was "AlgaeFix" -- but even that was a battle -- I get the feeling that the pros on this site don't like to use too many chemicals, so check with them for other alternatives before using the AlgaeFix

Thanks mate!

Welcome! First of all. What are your parameters in your tank.

Ph,Temp,Lighting,Filtration

How often do you do partial water changes?

If its green, its most likely an algae bloom which is common. So no need to freak too much. Just answer those key questions and the rest of us here at Aquarium Advice will have no problem helping solve this issue!!

Again,WELCOME!!

Mr86-

Ph- 6.8-7.0
Temp- 78
Lighting- I have just a generic run of the mill flouro hood.
Filtration- I have a fluval 304 with a turbo twist UV sterilizer connected to the water going back to the tank.

I have given a lot of specific details here : http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f15/green-cloudy-hazy-water-101769.html

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom