Hi Guys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Proflooney

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi guys my names Joe and I am from Moline Illinois USA

I used to have 20 gal aquariums for my dog and when she died I just never redid the aquarium.

I used to have problems with fish dying and reading through various articles lately found my problem was 1 i overloaded the tank with too many fish and i would change 100% the water every month and it seems i was overstressing my fish and i had to always replace them.

So my daughter in law found me a 75 gallon aquarium for free and so i decided to go get it.

took me 16 hrs to clean the calcified crud off the sides and its fairly cleaned just a few circles i cant get rid of and figure when it has water in it for a while they will soften and I can clean them off then but they are almost invisible now.

I do cad work for a living so right now I am designing a stand for my aquarium and learning all I can before I get my fish so I can have a low maintenance aquarium without stressing and killing my fish.

only thing left on cleaning is trying to get all the bleach rinsed out of my gravel and I dont know if its just smelling the bleach on my hands or what but I cant seem to get rid of the bleach smell and was told to rinse til it all goes away.

well thats a little abt me and where I am at right now. Hope to learn a lot from this group of ppl.

Joe

thanks Im looking to learn lots for my aquarium currently researching methods for rocks that doesnt take weeks to leech the concrete out ))

hello

hi, I live in England uk, I don't have a tank at the moment but have had them in the past, my fave fish are ciclids, I would like to set up another tank but my wife isn't to keen, I would like to know what the best filter systems there are these days and I like the idea of a sump tank filtration system but not sure of the set up,
thanks for now

I am new and cheap so ill use the hang on the back but a lot of ppl using canisters and from what i hear the only real diff is you dont have to change the canisters as often but i could be wrong

Back
Top Bottom