Hi guys!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hippokitty

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've been a lurker for about 6 months and mostly just looking around to figure out how to get into fish keeping. I started with a dinky 1 gallon tank with an under tank filter and now I have a 37, 10 and 5.5
To say the least I've caught the sickness!!!
Here are my two pretty tanks, the other is a QT ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410576295.513955.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410576330.178876.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks! Both are still under construction and far from ideal but that's the nature of the hobby I guess ?

Did some major cleaning/ rescaping today on the 37 ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411636122.751044.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Welcome!

I agree, it's great to see a betta in a good home! We had a 2g orignally for ours, he moved to a 10g after a week, due to some ammonia mishap and some fin rot (which we treated with salt) he was back in the 2g for almost two months after a couple weeks in the 10g, we cycled the 10g tank, and now he is back in the 10g. He's going to get some pygmy catfish friends in a couple weeks and they better get along lol otherwise he'll go in their 5g tank we have them in now while we monitor their healh.

I feel I should add that neither of my Betta's ever showed aggression towards any of tank mates.in fact, it seemed to always be the poor betta's on the receiving end of fin nips!

Thanks!! I am constantly recommending aa to fellow fish keepers. It's taught me a TON

[emoji192]Hippo
[emoji216]Snickers, Kevin & Bacon
[emoji226]Grumpy Gills & Tramp + various pals
[emoji196]Webster

Welcome to AA, hippokitty! Thanks so much for joining us. :) Your tanks look beautiful, and I see Tetras. I love those little guys! :dance:

I got a TON of RCS locally on craigslist in exchange for three neons! Super excited

[emoji192]Hippo
[emoji196]Webster

I got a TON of RCS locally on craigslist in exchange for three neons! Super excited

[emoji192]Hippo
[emoji196]Webster

Cool! I never have had RCS, but have always been interested in freshwater shrimp. :D :)

They're pretty cool! I've only had the ghost shrimp you can get at petsmart before. My frogs snap them up and until then they're great bottom feeders and super entertaining

[emoji192]Hippo
[emoji196]Webster

I was looking through old posts of mine and I thought it would be fun to update this thread with my current tanks!
The 37 has come a long way since September!

This is a couple weeks ago
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428736769.299598.jpg

And this was last night
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428736825.847503.jpg

I've got a school of neons, male guppies, Cory cats, a few otos, a bristle nose Pleco, some MTS, a Ramshorn snail, and probably around 100 RCS living in there

And my other tank is a 10 with my betta named tramp, three ADF, 10 or so RCS, 5 female guppies (that I have temporarily separated from my males because they aren't preggers yet lol) and two wayward danios that killed their entire school. Tramp keeps them in their place if they get feisty thankfully
This tank is clearly a weird mix at the present moment!
But here it is
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428737015.006615.jpg

Thank you all and I hope you don't mind my reminiscing ??

Thanks!!! They've make a lot of progress! The neons are so pretty against the black and green

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom