Hi guys I'm new to this forum I have a sick fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ladystacyc

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi guys I have had my 65l tank for approximately six months, I have let it cycle and slowly I have added 10 tetras since this one of my fish has not been to happy hiding all the time and now just sits on the bottom of the tank looking like he's out of breath!
I have done a test and the nitrates were slightly high, I've done a water change and appears to have lowered.
Any idea what else I can do? Or what's wrong? Here is a picture of my little fella. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412196599.999306.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

How high were your nitrates and how high are they now?

They were about 5 and has now come to about 3/4 we have never had nitrates in the tank before he doesn't look very comfortable

If the fish is stressed or not feeling well, I would think of things to make him less stressed out. I usually add a tiny bit of aquarium salt ( if it is okay to add with your current fish and invertebrates). Read the instructions carefully on the box and dissolve all salt before adding it to the tank to prevent burning your fish. I find it helps to go and take a look online for what parameters and situations that your particular fish like and make sure you are meeting all of them. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom