Hi I'm completely new to aquariums!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you know which suckerfish is the best? I need one that will be hardy but won't grow very big.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Neons seem to die too easily... I need something won't die!!!! I hate staring at anything dead!

I like otos. But you need to wait at least a month before adding it so there is some algae for them to eat. In a ten gallon, nerite snails would be perfect! Same thing on waiting to add them until there is enough food in the tank for them to survive. Here is a few picturesImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408932587.201079.jpg of my nerite snailsImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408932419.268135.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408932468.090524.jpg

Are black moor goldfish able to thrive in a 10 g? I had one in a pond but it got killed by this mean cat. I really like their disposition but if its too small of a space for one then I don't want to get one.

Look the fish up on liveaquaria.com. It'll give you recommended tank size and water parameters and a little bio on each fish. All I know is goldfish are huge poopers. Lol

Tell me about it! I keep goldfish in my pond and never knew how much they pooped until I brought one inside and left in a 10 gal and the next day it looked like it had strings of brown on purpose for deco!

Haha gold fish get to big, if the water is cycled and you do weekly water changes aand have a good filter with biological area you should be good. a couple guppies might work but they will have babies. Glowlight tetra could work.

Honestly if you want a more stable aquarium I would get a 20g or a 26 bow front or a 29g but you already have the 10.

5 neons and 3 otos AqAdvisor - Intelligent Freshwater Tropical Fish Aquarium Stocking Calculator and Aquarium Tank/Filter Advisor

could work

Bonus: I found out 2 FX5's is 14160% filtration on a 10g haha

No, they do not produce a lot of waste. They are bottom feeders so they help keep excess food cleaned up. They are easy to keep in my experience.

How big do they get? Sorry I feel like I'm a small child asking so many questions! Lol!

NatureFish
????

Ok! I was looking at the members who are online and I had more posts/questions than people who had members since last year! I just joined last week!

NatureFish
????

Hi there!
I tried to post last night, but my phone was being dumb and the app kept crashing on me in the middle of my post.
I am glad that you chose not to go the way of neon tetras- especially since you don't like to see things dead. Neons are pretty, but they are very sensitive!
Have you cycled your 10 gallon already?
Have you thought about trying out gupies? You can do only males or do a trio of one male to two females, but that will result in lots of babies. They are livebearers like molies are. They also come in a variety of colors and are hardy fish. I would suggest that you take a trip to your lfs and look at the different fish to get an idea of what strikes your fancy. Everyone is different. Just don't come home with any until you've been able to research otherwise you will get upset when you find they are too sensitive or require a bigger tank. :)

People keep talking about ifs and i have no idea what that means.

NatureFish
????

I have decided to go with rosy reds! I heard they live longer if they do not spawn is there away to prevent spawning without separating males from females? I want a fish that's going to live at least 4-5 years.

NatureFish
????

I'm sorry! LFS stands for local fish store. :)
Rosy red... minnows? I don't think there is a way to prevent them from spawning, but to keep from producing babies, you could just remove the eggs from the tank.

Ok! I heard they can only spawn when they have a nest. I think if I don't provide a nest I should be okay

NatureFish
????

Back
Top Bottom