Hi! I'm new

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DianeCu

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,from New Jersey. My daughter won minnows at the town picnic last month, so my husband got her a 10 gallon tank with full set-up. The minnows died within 4 days, so now we have 3 platys, a snail & a plecho. My daughter & I are totally new to aquariums, so we have alot of questions (usually bordering on panic!). My husband has had a 90 gallon tank in the past, but he's not such a good resource because his memory is bad due to a severe head trauma. My only experience with fish is that once I kept a minnow alive & well in an unfiltered fish bowl for 4 years, with daily water changes.

I look forward to being a part of this informative international community!

Welcome!!! I found this group in a state of panic as well:) all the advice and resources on here are wonderful!! Good luck to you and your daughter with your tank:) post some pics:)

Thanks

Thanks for the welcome! I'm not sure if this is where I post a photo, but my daughter just took this pic of our tank.

Attachments

• IMG_2799.jpg
    IMG_2799.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 107
Now I'm scared!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I read the link about cycling; now I'm truly terrified! We test the water & do partial water changes,but we didn't know about cycling. I guess we messed up already!!!

Thanks

Thanks, Melosu! I'm glad I found you guys! I'm sure I will learn alot here. It's nice to know I don't have to bumble through alone & risk harming my fish & snail. (We love our snail! Never knew they were so cute & entertaining!)

Back
Top Bottom