Hi, I'm new and have some questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eman14

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am new, my name is Ethan. I was looking online for fish advice and found this forum. I have some questions about what fish I could put in my 29 gallon, along with my snail, and 2 kribs, and my 1inch turtle. I have no idea if the kribs are a boy/girl pair or not. I do plan on upgrading from 29 to a 75 gallon by the end of this year. The pet store in my area has a little 1.5 in Firemouth cichlid, that I would love to have. It's pretty. But I want y'all's advice on this. Thanks in advance:D

Welcome to AA. First I would split up the turtle and the fish. As aquatic turtles main diet consists of fish. Turtles need at least half a tank of water and a dry area to bask in. They need a heat lamp and a uv lamp and a strong filter and at least a 40g breeder tank to house it.

As for the fish. Krib females get a red belly and the males don't. You night be able to get away with a fire mouth in there with them but keep in mind that they get good size and can get aggressive and you could lose your kribs. I would go with some more kribs, a school of barbs, some loaches, or something along those lines.

Hope this helps

The first question, my turtle is I think a red ear slider. He's little bitty. About the barbs, would tiger barbs do? And how many? And could I put a gold dojo loach with them? I've thought about more kribs, but I've heard they fight when they spawn. And one of my kribs has a pinkish red belly.

I have another question. Couldn't I keep the turtle with the kribs, in the same tank? The turtle is the size of the kribs. My bro has a 75 with a 6.5 in red ear slider divided in half with a another turtle on the other side with a pair of Jack dempseys, with his tank full. Could I do something like that with my 29, and then my 75?

I would defitlany divide the tank for future. The only fish I ever seen keepet long term with turtles would be goldfish.

Back
Top Bottom