Hi I'm new to this site

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michelle1703

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I'm new to this site. I've started up a new tank. It's 3ft by about 2.5 ft wide so it's quite big. Going to put chiclids in it but have to wait a couple of weeks for the water to be ready. I've had a tank set up before so I know a little about aquariums but I thought I should become a member of this forum to pick up some tips etc.

Mumma.of.two said:
Welcome to AA!
May I ask how you are cycling?

Well I haven't added anything in the water. Other than decorations. I was told to wait for two weeks

put food in the tank during is perioud or ul kick a mini cycle and kill ya fish mate id be adding food in the morning and at night or yeah your good BB will die from not having to feed from

I know I could add some type of stuff to help it along but I'm not in any rush cause I'm still looking for drift wood

lamby said:
put food in the tank during is perioud or ul kick a mini cycle and kill ya fish mate id be adding food in the morning and at night or yeah your good BB will die from not having to feed from

Really! I thought water conditioner helps too. Ok I will add some fish food ( to feed bacteria)

yeah the water conditioner wont help its only to take the nastys out your tap water but yeah feeding the tank will make sure you dont kick start a mini cycle when you add ur fish

What type of wood are you looking at I would just go to a river or stream more choice plus no purchase price :)

lamby said:
What type of wood are you looking at I would just go to a river or stream more choice plus no purchase price :)
Either driftwood or golden vine.

Michelle1703 said:
Either driftwood or golden vine.

nice i always love the look of drift wood but its hard to come by in perth

Back
Top Bottom