Hi I'm old and new

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chris oe

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I'm a mom, I've been at this aquarium thing since I was a tween in the 70's. I love brochises, guppies, plecos, most bottom feeders and snails, I'm a fan of undergravel filters coupled with mts snails (yeah, I know, not very modern. I use powerheads to pump water through mine, and you should see my plants) I'm a believer in water changes and light feedings and watching the behavior of your animals for clues as to what is going on in your tank. I'm kind of a clean water activist, as in, people who love their aquariums should also be concerned about their creeks, rivers, lakes and streams, and should get to know their municipal water utilities, their ground water, and if they get their water from a well, they really need to know what is going on in their neighborhood, 'cause what is going on at your neighbor's is going to end up in your glass and in your tank.
I'm trying to learn more about plecos, and I'm hoping I can help people with their live bearer questions, I've been breeding guppies for more than ten years. Being as guppies catch everything that comes along, I know a bit about illnesses and parasites, so I can catch questions about those too. Always quarantine fish. No matter how tempting it is, once you have a quarantine tank, don't put fish in it, keep it separate for your new arrivals. Do as I say not as I do lol.

welcometoaa.gif

Back
Top Bottom