Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

Best thing to do is lots and lots of research, especially if you want to be a zoologist. Google reputable sites (ones by universities journals etc), borrow from the library, find out as much as you can, then when you think you know it all... start researching again!

SushiLuckyFin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:29 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Stocking level? I feel tht I am doing the research. But I guess you can never research enough. Haha. Fish are so fragile. I guess I didnt realize how fragile they really were. And I don't have a filter or a heater. They are tiger barbs and I read that they don't need that stuff.

Old 08-09-2012, 06:30 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammers411
Would the fish die if it's bloated? And I'm pretty sure I have a 10 gallon tank. And now I am scared that the same thig will happen to my other fish but they don't have any symptoms.
if its bloated, it shouldn't die. It just ate too much. You could hold back feeding or feed a little less for awhile, till he goes back to normal. Some say feeding them half a pea helps, but I haven't tried that.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:32 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Stocking level? I feel tht I am doing the research. But I guess you can never research enough. Haha. Fish are so fragile. I guess I didnt realize how fragile they really were. And I don't have a filter or a heater. They are tiger barbs and I read that they don't need that stuff.
Stocking is the type of fish you have in your tank and the amount. A filter is a must for all fish, or you would have to do a lot of water changes.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:39 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I have two tiger barbs. And I do change their water often. Every other day or every two days. And Everytime I even put my hand near the tank they freak out. And I want them to be happy and healthy. And I don't want them to get hurt because their owner is stupid ya know?
Old 08-09-2012, 06:46 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
I have two tiger barbs. And I do change their water often. Every other day or every two days. And Everytime I even put my hand near the tank they freak out. And I want them to be happy and healthy. And I don't want them to get hurt because their owner is stupid ya know?
I would say purchase a filter. Doing too many water changes could stress them out, and save you time from changing water all the time. Trust me, it is worth the investment and is almost a necessity in fish keeping. Filters also usually hold the beneficial bacteria needed in the tank.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:59 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Ok. Do you have any recommendations for filters? It just kills me to see them like this.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:09 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I have always used canister filters but they can get a little pricey, a lot of people like HOB ( hang on back ) filters especially with a bio wheel but some people say they are noisy, I can't comment as I have never owned 1. Also depending where you are from depends on the need for a heater, have you got any way to measure the temp? It is fairly important to certain bacteria and also some fish illness like ick for example.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:20 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
U need a filter and a heater if u really want healthy fish
Old 08-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guggiboy123

U need a filter and a heater if u really want healthy fish
I have a hob and it's not Tht noisy

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com