Hi, I'm the new guy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

veggievettech

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, my name is Amy. I live in Delaware. I am not new to fish, but totally new to keeping fish the right way! I had a 10 g tank in middle school... I remember it being EASY. Fill the tank with water and fish, remember to feed them. no test kit... no water changes. I am surprised I had any fish left to feed.
Then in college I had a 20g with a parrot cichlid (which was labeled as a community fish! ha.) I don't want to tell you how many fish were sacrificed to Bubba before I gave up...:(
Now, I have a 20 gallon tank that I bought from a pet store. I'm struggling with a cycle right now... funny how the pet store failed to mention that part when they were telling me how easy fish are. After I lost 3 fish and got some great advice from the people on this website, I was enlightened yet disappointed that I let the people at petsmart tell me what to do. (even more disappointed because I know better! I'm a licensed veterinary technician... I know petsmart doesn't know anything!!)
Anyhow, I LOVE aquariums and I love my last remaining molly, Captain Jack Sparrow! I am a water changing machine trying to keep him alive!!
I will prevail! lol
I'm done making newbie mistakes (hopefully), and I look forward to my beautiful freshwater community.

Hey Amy
Welcome to AA and good luck with your tank. Petsmart is okay if you know what you need to get or want. To let those people try and tell you anything ahhhhhghghgh. If we only knew what we know now...

Back
Top Bottom