hi. interested in bettas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rosanna122

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have never had a aquarium before. But i am really excited about possibly getting one. I would like to start with 1 betta in a 5 gallon tank. I have some questions about cycling though.

Ive read over the fishless cycling process and i think i got that understood. I see that once the cycles complete it says to stock tank to 50% fish capacity. But would 1 betta be enough? In order to supply the bacteria necessary to keep the cycle?

Yes. If you have too much bacteria than needed for just the betta they will die off and adjust to the desired bioload. He should be just fine. Great job on doing your homework and learning about cycling! :) Many do not take the time then come to us wondering why it's sick.

Caleb

Well a couple weeks ago my daughter brought home a surprise goldfish from a fair she went to with relatives. I tried to get by with a small tank that only had a air supply. But by the time i researched what all was needed and the time it would take to cycle a aquarium. The lil guy died. So hopefully this time around we will be prepared.

And to the other person. Please stop replying if you can't be helpful

1. Their gorgeous fish. With practically endless varieties of fins and colors.
2. Their hearty fish so i feel like they'd be easy to begin with.
3. I dont want a huge tank with multiple fish. 1 fish is good for the time being

Well a couple weeks ago my daughter brought home a surprise goldfish from a fair she went to with relatives. I tried to get by with a small tank that only had a air supply. But by the time i researched what all was needed and the time it would take to cycle a aquarium. The lil guy died. So hopefully this time around we will be prepared.

Well we will be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Caleb

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom