Hi Introducing My Self

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sandmaan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I live in Sri Lanka a small tropical country
Hello all,

My name is Sadaruwan but call me sandmaan and by profession I'm a computer geek and I live in a small country called Sri Lanka just below iIndia and has a tropical type of whether. But from the time I can remember I loved fish and always wanted to have a beautiful and healthy aquarium.

I started keeping some gold fish in a plastic bottle which was over crowded also unhealthy and those poor fish died just with in couple of days. Then after that I managed to keep a small community fish tank for a year but many fished died due to my lack of knowledge on the subject.

Then after that I just gave up due to the unavailability of reading or a place to get good education in keeping an aquarium. When I was around the age of 25 I got the current tank which I use now as a present from one of my fathers friends along with the full kit of 3 filters, hood, marble pebbles and air 2 pumps.

I restarted my hobby but ran in to problems with the fish I used gold fish along with guramies, angles, moles, sword tales and barbs. But barbs became aggressive due to the fact that they where kept as a very small number under 6 so they started to nip the fines of other fish till they died but due to my lack of knowledge I was reluctant to remove them.

But after a very long power failure one day when we not at home all the fish died out of suffer cation. Then I bought some gold fish again but this time purely out of luck I think I kept them for a long time but my tank was not at it best and was not appealing to look at.

There was no plants and only filters worked no any decorations just water, fish and oxygen was there and I lost my interest as well but my father kept the tank clean and going until all my gold fish died but they lived their full length life (I think.).

After that I just left the tank to rot just algae grew in it. But after a very long time my love of fish got boosted by a local TV program. I'm being a pro using the google just did a mock search on "Keeping an aquarium" and at that point I was thrilled to find everything I needed to know was there in the internet.

I studied as much I can (I've never done that much reading even when I was sitting for my BSc.) after that sprint of collecting data and educating my self I cleaned my tank and followed everything as well as I can.

Also I made a decision to not to have a community aquarium and I was actually in love with barbs they are very sexy and lovely, so I dedicated my tank to them but also I like tetra family as well currently studying on them but I want to be a very successful owner of a barb tank.

And after along period of searching I found this to be a very good place to be so here I am and that was my storry.

Back
Top Bottom