Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-29-2011, 10:01 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, just getting started.

I just came across this site while looking for possible solutions to the problems we are having with our fresh water 29 gallon bio cube tank, which houses 2 blood red parrots and 2 algea eaters. Hoping someone may have some ideas on things that may help our tank from getting cloudy right after a tank change, and ways that might help prevent us from having to change the tank every few weeks to once a month.

happymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:03 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Welcome to the forum!

Your water might be getting cloudy because the tank is too small for the fish. After doing a little bit research, I discovered that Blood Parrots need 50 gallon tanks.

Red Parrot

[CENTER]Please don't forget about the toxins in some corals (like zoas and palythoas)
Latest aquarium vlog:
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:07 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Welcome to Aquarium Advice!
Blood parrots get big and need a larger tank than 29g I believe.
Aces11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:23 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
to AA!

What kind of algae eaters are they? Did you cycle the tank?
"If you're not making mistakes, then you're not doing anything. I'm positive that a doer makes mistakes."
--John Wooden
bruinsbro1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:23 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just getting started.

Thanks all for your advice. I was thinking maybe the problem from the begining was our tank would to small for the parrots, but the guy at the pet store said we should have no problem. So after speaking with my sis ter we have decided to t rade out my parrots for her smaller fish since she has a 65 gallon tank. I think the parrots will be happier in her tank and have more room to grow.
happymom is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com