HI! New so just saying hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bunebop

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi,

My names ashley and I'm from MI. I'm 19, but I'll be 20 July 12th. I'm a junior at MSU majoring in anthropology and planning on going into forensic anthropology.

I love animals, I currently have a dog (taz), a cat (kitty), rabbit (thumper), and 3 cockatiels (Gizmo, Peatry, and Wiget).

As far as fish go, at the moment the only tank I have set up is my 10 gallon fresh water tank. I have my betta (Caezar) and 2 cory cats in it (one melanistus cory cat - Speckles and 1 green cory cat - Hoover)

Today, however, I bought a 50-55 gallon tank at a garage sale... so tomorrow I'm hoping to go to the store and get a filter and heater and gravel and all that good stuff and begin a fishless cycle. Once that's up and running I'm planning on moving my fish into it from the 10 gallon and having those 3 as well as 2-3 additional cory cats, 6-10 tetras, 6-10 rasborras, 2 rams, 1 clown pleco, 2-5 dwarf gouramis, and about 5 killifish. I can't wait till that is up and running.

As for my 10 gallon, when I go back up to school I think I am gonna either take my betta up with me in there or get another betta for school. Anyway... that's a little about me. This seems like a great community and I'm looking forward to meeting more people :wave:

hey ashley im josh from ISU im a junior goin into teaching, i have a reef tank, lizards, amphibians, and birds. WELCOME

JC

"Today, however, I bought a 50-55 gallon tank at a garage sale..."

I wish I could be lucky enough to find such a large tank in a garage sale... I am so jealous! LOL :mrgreen: Welcome

lmkbubblfsh.gif

to AquariumAdvice.com!!!

lol thanks everyone! It was pretty crazy. The tank looks brand new. It's a 50-55 gallon and it came w/ the tops w/ lights and everything at well. Everything works just fine. It's such a cool tank. I'm so excited. She was asking $35 and I talked her down to $25... lol as horrible as that is. It's such a great deal I couldn't pass it up, and I've been wanting a bigger tank... so I got it =D Anyway, I'm going to buy some new gravel and some filters and heaters and stuff today and then I'm hoping to get the fishless cycle going. I'm gonna add some plants and gravel and stuff from the old tank as well as float around the filter thing for a couple hours to speed this up though, since I am the most impatient person in the world hahaha

I'm gonna add some plants and gravel and stuff from the old tank as well as float around the filter thing for a couple hours to speed this up though, since I am the most impatient person in the world hahaha
To speed things up, take your filter media and put it in your new filter, or squeeze it onto the new filter. Just floating the media in the tank water will not be enough.

haha yeah. My brittany is a monster as well. He just turned 4 and he's still as hyper as he was when he was a puppy. But I still love em!

Back
Top Bottom