Hi newbie here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corinaanne

Aquarium Advice Newbie
:) Hi everyone , pleased to meet you all...
Im a newbie just started my own :fish1: tank. Its only a 2 ft and i have gravel with under gravel filter as well as a fluval 2 filter, i have some live plants and and 1 driftwood ornament, i currently have 11 male guppies and 16 female guppies, i went for these fish as the males are so so pretty and they seem to be the easiest way to go...
i do however have a few questions but i will find where the right place to go to post about my problem...
:thanks: for taking the time to read my post :flowers:

Hi i have just found some guppies droopy and their poop is clear, is this a internal bacteria infection and if so what should i be treating them with, i have them in a hospital tank.....

What size is the tank?? You said 2ft but gallons/liters would give us a better idea. 27 guppies in a 2ft tank seems overstocked....

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ok :) so I just checked in a conversion thing - between 15 and 16 gallons.

With 27 guppies in there, while they are a relatively small fish is overstocked. In a 15 gallon you would really only have space for like 10 :/

Having that many can easily make the water parameters out of whack which could be why you are seeing some issues. :( if you can I would take some back. They are also prolific breeders so you will get fry eventually too. It can get out of control pretty quickly.

Ok :) so I just checked in a conversion thing - between 15 and 16 gallons.

Which 26 guppies in there, while they are a relatively small fish is overstocked. In a 15 gallon you would really only have space for like 10 :/

Having that many can easily make the water parameters out of whack which could be why you are seeing some issues. :( if you can I would take some back. They are also prolific breeders so you will get fry eventually too. It can get out of control pretty quickly.

+1

Fishobsessed7

Also with fry some just don't make it- which also can make parameters go crazy.

If you had the space maybe seperate them into 2 tanks- males in one and females in the other?

If you wanted more fish in a smaller fish you might want to consider trading them for some microfish like ember tetras, micro rasboras or maybe small killfish

:) it should clear up some of the issues too. And they'll be happy. I love guppies. :) I have a 20g tank with just guppies and red cherry shrimp

Back
Top Bottom