Hi, newbie here --- just had my first death :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

morgensmind

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello!

I'm new to saltwater aquarium keeping. I've had the tank for about 4 months now. I got some snails and hermit crabs a few months ago and about 3 weeks ago I added an aero crab and 2 clown fish. I'm feeding them frozen phytoplankton and shrimp pellets and doing the pwc and checking the levels. I purchase my RO and saltwater from my local fish store.

This morning I looked and my aero crab was dead. It had been moving around the tank and then recently found a cranny to hang in and hadn't moved around other areas of the tank since. It was alive, so I just assummed it was eating at night. I checked the levels and the pH was normal at 8.2, nitrite/nitrates were normal at 0 and the ammonia was .5 (probably because of the death, I'm suspecting). I did a ~4 gallon water change and the clowns seem fine.

What do you think killed it? I really want to make sure I don't kill any other inhabitants!

Thanks!

Morgen

Welcome aboard! I too am sorry for your loss. Our Saltwater folks here are very good and friendly, you might ask in the SW forum.

Back
Top Bottom