Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-30-2014, 11:10 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Hi - Newbie just cycling tank - cory cat question.

Hi,

I just got into the fish keeping habit about a month ago, and have started with a 36g bowfront. I am using 2 filters - a marineland penguin 200B and an Aqueon QuietFlow 30. I understand that I only need one, but some reading up on the internet recommended having 2 in case one ever fails (and I got a really good black friday deal).

I started cycling with 4 guppies about 4 weeks ago. Water parameters looked okay so I added two platys yesterday. In a couple weeks, I wanted to add in 4 cory catfish and I have a question about that. Aqadvisor tells me that they do best in schools of 4 or more, but do they have to be all 4 of the exact same variety of corys? I wanted to get one each of peppered cory, emerald green, albino and another variety whose name I've forgotten? Would this work, or do they all need to be of the same sub-species(if thats the right word)?

Thanks!

Old 12-30-2014, 01:14 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

They can be kept with different kinds but if given the chance they'll stick to there own species, so I would recommend getting all the same kind.

Fishobsessed7

Fishobsessed7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 01:15 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Oh and welcome to AA by the way!

Fishobsessed7

Fishobsessed7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cory, cory cat, cycling, cycling tank, newb, newbie, question, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com