Hi Peeps It's Me From England!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

schismy007

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello to all, my name is Suzanne and I have just signed up to your website. I am American but I live in England (and I miss America!). I have 5 tropical fish tanks and am very much into fish-keeping. My main interest is freshwater Puffers, but I am also very much into our Mudskippers, so if anyone owns any of either, I would love to hear from you so we can compare notes, so to speak.
I was just surfing about, as I do, and I came across this website and figured I could always use another source of information when it comes to aquariums, fish, etc. So here I am!! :bday: I love fish and I only want to do the best I can for all my fishees.
I am going tomorrow to purchase yet more Puffer fish. I have 2 new aquariums that don't have anything in them - yet. So we're going to take a little trip and see what sort of new fish I can bring home. Will be sure to let you know if I get anything.
It's nice to meet all of you! :D

Last edited:
Welcome to AA!!!!!!! I dont any but i know some facts of the mudskipper (there my fovorite fish!)that might help you.
Family: Gobidae
Size: inches/15cm
Tempature: 77-86f/ 25-30c
pH: 8.0-8.5
Breeding: Egg layer
Swim level: bottom
They require a specially setup tank with a beach area they can crawl onto, and rocks and roots for climbing out the water. The area above the water surface must be kept warm and humid by using a tightfitting cover;the air tempatuere should match the tempature of the water. Also provide very effiecent filtration; water quality and cleanliness are of paramount importance.In this type of enviremont, bacterial infections can quickly take hold. Vary the diet including meaty, especially live, foods.Also these fish become very tame, but if you wish to hand feed them use a pair of tweezers cuz they have a good set of teeth!!
Once again Iwelcome u to AA Suzanne and I assure you ll love AA I hope this information helps alot!
~>Myni<~

Thank you Neilanh, melosu58 and FishyLuva for welcoming me to the site, I appreciate it very much.
Myni, I was born in Baltimore, Maryland and lived in Pasadena in Anne Arundel county until the age of 17 (just thought I'd throw that in there as I seen that you are in Maryland). Also I have 2 Mudskippers, one is very large and the other is just average, I was told they were a male & a female (no one has got them to breed in captivity yet). You would love these guys they are so funny, very inquisitive. The ones at the LFS where I got mine were a bit tamer, the guy put his hand in the tank and one of the bigger ones jumped right in. Mine won't do that, in fact, mine get rather skiddish if I get too close to them. They absolutely love cut up shrimp!
Again, thanks for the welcome!

Welcome to AA! I keep dwarf fw puffers. Make sure your new tanks are cycled before adding puffers to the tank.

Back
Top Bottom