Hi People!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nope, your no2 was fine, plecos, otos, etc will eat algae, but need supplemental feeding to stay healthy (ie algae wafers) and those in turn add to your bioload, not to mention the amount of waste they produce. My amano shrimp (or AES=Algae Eating Shrimp) eat all kinds of algae and need no additional food, since the eat leftover food and even poop to survive/thrive.
As Homedog said, a:( maybe a bad move buying a bristlenose.. BUT, I have Ottos coming in, and asked about the amano shrimps. If by Saturday, no shrimps, i will be begging on here.:fish2:
I want a bigger tank ultimately.. I understand a smaller tank is harder to maintain.:fish1:

Hi again good people,
I am again concerned.
My Nitrates are stable.. but now my nitrites are rising..! Please advise x

You're entering a nitrite spike. Keep levels down with water changes, and in a week or so you'll be back in business!

You're entering a nitrite spike. Keep levels down with water changes, and in a week or so you'll be back in business!

Thank you homedog! x
I seem to get one thing sorted, and another problem starts lately!:oops:
I thought I was over-feeding, so cut that down.. I also only did a water-change 3 days ago, and have checked all my levels every morn and eve.. can't believe how nitrates stabilised, then nitrites started going up.. : /

Last edited:
Homedog, Andresdeo,
I have got 2 Ottos today..(Yay!) Am waiting on the Shrimp.
I DID get another Plec,(A Bristlenose.)
The Ottos will be fine with him I got told. The Ottos are settling in now. : ) Plec moved in @ 14 days ago. went a little pale, but coloring up again now I hope.
Got an all in-one test kit. Seems to do the job..-eSHa- is the brand-name??
Please advise me if it is not good enough. xxx

Still waiting on the Amano shrimps.. My supplier is amused that I am using "American" names! lol! Otto's and Bettas and amano shrimps!! Ottos being the Latin name. Bettas I asked about, and he was impressed, as that is the "proper" name apparently.. (Not bad for you Americans, huh!! Lol!!)

Back
Top Bottom