Hi There!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

revchristinejday

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm new here and have been lurking for a while. I'm an Episcopal priest and my 5 goldfish are named after the Doctors of the Church (Leo, Ambrose, Gregory, Ignatius and Teresa). I originally was given three years ago a number of young goldfish from a neighbor's pond--they didn't think they would winter over. I had a 29 gal tank and of course they grew too large, over stocked! and some died. Quick forward to now--having figured out that the largest I could afford is a 50 gallon, I made the switch two weeks ago. I decided not to fishless cycle as they needed more space ASAP, so I brought over some gravel and fake plants from the 29 gallon and used Safestart (I realized that the meds for the late fish had removed most of the good bacteria plus I cleaned the filter too well!) Yikes. So far so good. I've been doing pwc to keep ammonia below .25 per master kit. The fish love the new space. Thanks for providing so much information. fish2.jpg
Peace.
Chris+

Welcome and hope you find this community as helpful as I have. Goldfish are a "dirty"fish and keep a sharp watch on your ammonia, nitrates and nitrites. Ask questions all you want here. Someone or many will answer very quickly I have noticed. Do many many water changes and look around the AA. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom