Hi there!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stefernini

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just realized I never officially said hello. I am not new to fish tanks, but after doing lots of reading on these forums I feel like I am :blink:

I haven't had a tank in about 5 years and it was a 30 and I know now that I did almost everything wrong, but somehow managed to not lose a fish. :huh:

I purchased a used 50g(55?) just after Christmas with a stand, filter, air pump, and a few extras. I am having lots of setbacks, so I haven't got it up and cycling just yet. I want to get it right this time. (y)

The tank is 48x12x21 which comes to 50 gallons in my mind, but I have been told it's considered a 55. I have a Marineland Magnum 350 canister filter, a 200 watt Aqueon heater, an air pump rated to 80 gallons, and I will be ordering a dual lamp light with 2 54w 6700k bulbs soon. I have ecocomplete substrate waiting to be put in when ready. I have to order some parts for the filter, get some new tubing for it, a water test kit, some more driftwood and then plants and I will be ready to go.

Looking forward to reading more and getting advice from all of you.

Thanks!

I just realized I never officially said hello. I am not new to fish tanks, but after doing lots of reading on these forums I feel like I am :blink:

I haven't had a tank in about 5 years and it was a 30 and I know now that I did almost everything wrong, but somehow managed to not lose a fish. :huh:

I purchased a used 50g(55?) just after Christmas with a stand, filter, air pump, and a few extras. I am having lots of setbacks, so I haven't got it up and cycling just yet. I want to get it right this time. (y)

Looking forward to reading more and getting advice from all of you.

Thanks!

Welcome! This forum cuts the learning curve in half. :)

Back
Top Bottom