Hi There!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NillyWilly

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello Everyone, thanks for adding me to your forum!

I have been keeping fish for the last year. I started out with a 10 gallon, and of course as a newbie did everything wrong and got my advice from a big chain pet store employee. I've done a lot of research in the last year, trying to fix my early mistakes and make sure I don't repeat them. I've found out that research is just part of the fun in this hobby!

I originally had 3 guppies (1m2f), a platy, 4 rasboras, and 2 mystery snails in my first tank. Sadly, two of my guppies and my platy died in the last 3 months. I believe this could be attributed to poor water quality in the first months I had the tank, I know this can affect their lifespan and general health. (Feel so bad in hindsight!) :( I had some shrimp as well which did not last long in the beginning, but I did get a micro crap about 5 months ago who is still doing great (when I can find him...). I have a young bristlenose pleco in there for now as well while I get my new 40 gallon cycled. Also have a 5 gallon full of mystery snails that I'm not sure what to do with yet...…

Anyway, as I get ready to start up my 40 gallon I want to make sure I am doing everything right this time. I'm sure I will have plenty of questions coming up, and am very grateful for any advice you all could give!

Welcome to the site. I'm sure a lot if us here made the same mistake of listening to the big chain store guys (myself included)

Back
Top Bottom