hi there...i'm a filipino aquarium lover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

davepetrospagdanganan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi there guys,,,im new here,,,im a filipino and an aquarium lover,,,you know guys i wanted to keep a heavily planted aquarium here but the problem is,,,here in philippines,,its hard to find shops that sells live plants,,,all i can use was plant cuttings which has only limitted lifespan because there was no roots,,huhuhu,,,i join these forum so that i can gather some ideas which can help me in keeping a planted tank with the little things i have,,,thanks!

i dont hnow how,,,

actually i wanted to try it but i dont know how,,,and i dont think there is an active shop like that here in the philippines huhuhu,,,and because of that i envy you guys,,,you had so many sources of live aquarium plants.

I don't know what the import laws are there in the Phlippines so I'm not sure anyone would ship to you. The only way is to call and check it out.
img_1000999_0_dea1fd1f80126df5fc5bcacb5020e1e4.gif

I'm a Filipino Too!

hi there guys,,,im new here,,,im a filipino and an aquarium lover,,,you know guys i wanted to keep a heavily planted aquarium here but the problem is,,,here in philippines,,its hard to find shops that sells live plants,,,all i can use was plant cuttings which has only limitted lifespan because there was no roots,,huhuhu,,,i join these forum so that i can gather some ideas which can help me in keeping a planted tank with the little things i have,,,thanks!

Hi Dave! I'm a Filipino too. If you live near Manila, specifically, Pasay City, you can go to Cartimar for live plants. There are lots of variety to choose from so you can actually have the planted aquarium that you dream about. Please go to my blog so you can get more updates: Ang Pinoy Aquarium

Welcome!

Wow not sure of the restrictions on international shipping of plants.... I know coming and going to Canada (from the US) you get asked if you are carrying any animals or plants.

Was going to say if someone has any military or air-lines connection there might be a way to ship you some live plants... but that might also mean a poop-load of trouble cause of plant/animal quarantines.

Looking on-line might be the best bet for you. And before you do get anything from outside your country sent to you make sure you check with the local environmental/customs agencies to make sure that you are allowed to bring those plants into the country.

Back
Top Bottom