Hi to All, I'm fishtank addict: have 2 FW & 1 SW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gimincorp

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi I got into this hobby a couple of years ago. I'm successfully running two FW tanks trying to keep them as close to the biotope settings as possible in terms of live stock, plants etc.
Recently (March 27, 2008) I got a 10 gallon salt water setup. I'm totally new to SW so I'm here to look for advices on how to deal with them (anemonies, live rock, live sand) and with their home (filtration, lighting, currents etc.
Remember, my tank came complete: live sand, live rock, clownfish, yellow-tailed damsel, white anemone (3/4"), three-four red anemones (1/2").
I upgraded the filter to Penguin 125 from Whisper 10 and lighting from 1 5000K bulb to two (1 5000K & 1 50/50).

I would first run out and get a complete test kit for SW if you dont already have test that will work. In a 10 gallon since there is so little water there can be major flucuations if you are not careful. Can you be anymore specific about your setup? How many lbs of Rock and Sand? Also im assuming you inherited this or baught it, how long was it set up before you came into possesition?
What are the wattages of the bulbs and how old are they?
If you are getting enough flow from the penguin that there is minimum dead spots then that should be fine. Anemones need enough flow just to make sure that detrius and other crap doesnt settle on them too much. Everything in there should be fine on a PE Mysis diet, Im not completly sure on this but the anemonies should be target fed 2-3x a week.
Also, hows about some pics? you'll soon find its pretty much a neccesity around here when your talking about a new tank, everyone wants to see!:p
GL!

While i was typing several people responded, hate it when that happens lol. Ignore what has been answered/asked.

I would first run out and get a complete test kit for SW if you dont already have test that will work. In a 10 gallon since there is so little water there can be major flucuations if you are not careful. Can you be anymore specific about your setup? How many lbs of Rock and Sand? Also im assuming you inherited this or baught it, how long was it set up before you came into possesition?
What are the wattages of the bulbs and how old are they?
If you are getting enough flow from the penguin that there is minimum dead spots then that should be fine. Anemones need enough flow just to make sure that detrius and other crap doesnt settle on them too much. Everything in there should be fine on a PE Mysis diet, Im not completly sure on this but the anemonies should be target fed 2-3x a week.
Also, hows about some pics? you'll soon find its pretty much a neccesity around here when your talking about a new tank, everyone wants to see!:p
GL!

While i was typing several people responded, hate it when that happens lol. Ignore what has been answered/asked.
Please see post above where I have given a link to my blog that has all tank stats, pics and history. It is very hard to maintain several different sites with up-to-date information, so here I'm only to ask questions and share my expertise. For my tank's history please refer here
WHERE WOULD I GET "PE Mysis?"

As for the PE Mysis, a lot of people order it online but i think LFS might carry it as well. I actually use Hikari because it is more readily availible to me, but from what i understand PE is the best so it is what i suggest. (rhyme?) Check locally, i did FW for years and when i started SW i found a few stores that were SW only that i had never even known existed that were like 2 min from my house.

Welcome to AA! Do you happen to have current photos or blogs on your FW aquaruims?

This is a good example of why I like freshwater fish - I don't understand a thing you people are talking about and the fact that there is sand which is live would make me sleep with one eye open - I've seen too many sci-fi flicks
and of course -
WELCOME TO AQUARIUM ADVICE - :smilecolros:

Back
Top Bottom