Hi we are newbies!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrenandMoan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey, my boyfriend and I have a 4ft tank with, guppies, tetras, mollies, a fighter fish and neons.
We have just had our first lot of guppy fry. And Im just wanting some info on what to do! :)

Hey welcome BrenandMoan, firstly it would be better for your oscars if you gave them the larger tank. They will soon outgrow even a four foot tank though. Should be a six footer for two oscars. You can house your guppy fry in one of those net breeders that you hang on the side of your tank until they are big enough to not be eaten :)

Thanks. We will look into a larger tank for the oscars :)
The fry were born in a breeder box that is suctioned cupped to the side of the tank.
What is best to feed them?
Do you know how long it will take for them too be able to go in with the other fish?
Also how long will their colours take to develop?
Thanks for your reply :)
The attached photo is our guppy fry. We got around 40 for our females first spawn.

Attachments

• image-354223178.jpg
    image-354223178.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 39
That's a lot of babies! As far as feeding them, just crush your usual food fine enough for them. They should start to show colour around 8 weeks or so. I'm not sure how long you'll have to wait until you add them to the main tank. As long as they aren't bite size ;)

My guppies are 5weeks old and some 3weeks , also I have 4week old mollies and I won't be putting them in the main tank for another month, they are quite happy in an 80 litre .. And the baby mollies are huge in comparison to the guppies :)

Back
Top Bottom