Hii!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Abigail

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey, everyone!

I'm Abby, I'm a junior in high school.
I love fish, of course, and when I move out I hope for fish and aquariums to become a big hobby of mine, as I am unable to do that now. However, I'd love to learn as much as I can and interact with people who do own lots of fish.

I've owned several simple fish; bettas, goldfish, comets.
Right now I only currently own a red male betta, Sir Fabian. I bought him a few days ago from Jack's, insisting to my picky parents it is "only a room decoration" (I recently redesigned my room.)
I bought Fabian a simple 1.5 gallon tank with a filter and a light. You've probably seen this tank around. It came in a kit. I also made sure to buy water conditioner, rocks and food, of course. I was nervous when I put Fabian in the water, but he seems to love his tank. He's energetic, he swims around and explores everywhere. He seems very happy to me. He's eating his food, and he seems overall healthy.
270328_2029094120064_1025422326_32058267_3487339_n.jpg

264567_2029095480098_1025422326_32058271_2432293_n.jpg

My main hobby is parrots. I've owned six birds. My Sun Conure, Kiki, is my main focus right now. She's a sweetie. That's her down there.
265093_2028941716254_1025422326_32057905_1830736_n.jpg

I'm a member of several other forums, mostly parrot related. I am a moderator on one, so I'm pretty busy, but I'll try to get on here as much as I can.
I can't wait to get into some discussions!

Thanks, everyone!
I saw several fish-related forums, but I really liked what I saw and felt in this one. :)

:welcome:
Welcome to AA!! We are glad to have you!​

Great bird! Very beautiful.

I just got my first Betta too. It belongs to my daughter. I am already thinking about getting one for myself! I may have to use that room decor idea on my husband....

welcome to AA. Its a pleasure to see that your taking on the responsibility way before you get your pets.

Being pretty darn knowledgeable when it comes to birds, I know what it's like to see someone cluelessly buying pets they don't know how to take care of. I like to be well informed before making any purchases.
Thank you everyone.

welcome to AA. im gonna try that room decor thing on my parents...but i doubt it will work(after i upgrade, ill have 3 tanks)

I knw what you mean I saw that person today at petsmart. Some young girl didn't have a clue. she said how can a fish get stressed it's not like it's a person

Greetings I am still a newbie when it comes to the saltwater set up but I have another tank of fresh water fish that is in my daughters room that she wanted we are going to redo it

Back
Top Bottom