His everyone! New here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Battersea

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello! Im sadly in school, dying for it to end and summer to begin!!!(2 & 1/2 more weeks...) Fish keeping and breeding has just become a great intrest with me and my friend. I am most interested in platies, but share the love with mollies! Resently, my platy gave birth to my first fry! Not a big bunch, just 8, but im still happy! There doing well, healthy and all! Im working on getting a bigger tank (getting REALLY crowded in the one), finding more plants, and adding a rainbow of colored platies in my tank!

A start off question would be how far along my golden lyretail molly is. The person at the LFS sold me it pregnant, and i've had it for 3 days now. im thinking maybe a week or so more... She is fairly squared off in the back, but in the front there isn't so much of a rather smart drop from her gills to her underbelly. Im thinking that just means shes doesn't have a lot of fry in her. Im excited eather way though! Shes very round, and has too long fins for me to get a good look at the white-ball-like marking, but i'm sure i've seen it!
If you want i can try to get a pic! thanks :D

Welcome to AA! If your breeding you may want to start thinking about a bigger tank. Those molly's will grow fast and they would love some swimming space. Nice to meet ya :)

Yeah, hah im gonna get a bigger tank for my B-Day thats comming up soon!
thanks for the warm welcoming!

Back
Top Bottom