Hiya

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leanne82

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all, my name is leanne and i have just set up and bought my first fish for my tropical aquarium. I just thought i would sign up so i could have people for advice on how best to look after my lil fish :) i have a mix of tetras guppies and a few other i cant remember the names but got advice from several aquarium fish stockists before i actually bought the fish :). I would put up a pic of my aquarium as it is quite unusual but i dont know how to upload pics at the min
hope to hear from people soon with any bits of advice etc
cheers Leanne x

Hello and welcome - I'm kind of new here too and the people here are helping me with a freshwater tank me and my son are setting up. You will find all the help you need here. And as for posting pictures here are the instructions someone was kind enough to send me. --- Good Luck with everything :)

There are 2 ways to post pics on the forum. One is when you use the
advanced reply, scroll down the page to manage attachments. It's in the
second part and upload from your computer. Or you can use a webhosting
site such as Photo Locker - Free and low cost image hosting and sharing solutions. (Photo Locker - Free and low cost image hosting and sharing solutions.) or
Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket (Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket) and upload your pics
there and post the code in your posts.

Welcome to the site! I'm also pretty new at this and have found lots of wonderful support and advice from this community :D

hi Leanne. welcome to Aquarium Advise where you'll find all your questions will have more questions. lol Hope you cycled the tank b4 adding fish. Be sure to go to the Freshwater & Brackish Getting Started forum and read the sticky posts. :)

Hi all I did set my tank up 48 hrs before gettin the fish with dechlorinated water did all my ph tests and nitrates tests etc etc and had the pumps etc goin for the 48 hrs then left the fish in their bags in the water for 20-30 mins b4 i put them in i managed attach a pic of tank will have to get a better pic but u will see it is two hexagons joined by two horizontal hexagon tubes:D not exactly sure what you mean by the phrase cycling though... I also got advised that after two weeks i need to do a half water change then a week later to do a 1/4 tank change is this the correct advice? and what does it acheive if i do ?

Attachments

• DSC00069.JPG
    DSC00069.JPG
    16.9 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Leanne, when I got my first tank, I didn't know what "cycling" was either. I figured that the local fish shop (LFS) would tell me everything I needed to know. wrong!! The nitrogen cycle is critically important to understand, so I suggest you educate yourself about it.

There are tons of resources and articles out there about cycling your aquarium and about what to do if you didn't know about cycling and now have fish in your tank! There's also lots of good information in the freshwater/getting started threads.

Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom